God gave us a guide.
A big thick book with small lettering.
An answer to every question we need.
As I grow I realize how much more I need to cling to that book. Every word. Every letter. To cling to God and everything he tells me... everything he talks to me about is clarified between those pages.
So, why do I run from him?
Why do I sin?
Why do I want bad things?
I want them so I will learn not to run.
So, that I can learn not to sin. To want them.
God instilled want so that we can learn not to want what is bad for us, but to want what is good.
As a teenager it is hard to say I catch everything.
Our minds are running at a fast pace.
Driving our thoughts and actions to things that sometimes we don't mean.
Our goal is to give God the wheel and to drive away from those bad actions toward loving him fully. Toward the goodness that God is.
That is hard. Continuously giving God that wheel means sacrificing control which is something I am sure we will all be forced to deal with the rest of our lives.
My fine lines deal with choice.
The choice to go to the party.
To take a drink.
To do my school work.
To eat the right things.
(The good and bad... get it?)
My fine lines also deal with my reality verses my fantasy. What I think and want vs. what God wants for me.
What I get from culture vs. what God wants from me.
I read a lot!
I watch TV a lot!
I play on my tablet a lot!
Work and play on my computer a lot!
I am sure that you are probably similar.
We all hear and see things that we shouldn't.
We think we are adult enough. Strong enough.
When the truth is garbage isn't good for you no matter what age... so stop trying to make it healthy.
Let God steer.
Let God tell you where to go.
Let him take you on adventures.
Let God help you identify what is good and bad for you.
Stop letting the world control you.
It is time to trust in the creator God.
(I have to remind myself of this everyday. His love is greater and more fulfilling than anything in this world.)
Romans 12:2 (ESV) - "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
~Love K
No comments:
Post a Comment