Friday, May 23, 2014

Normal

Normal... what is normal? Is it just another phrase we use to try and psych the next guy out? Is it just being human? Is it now considered bad?
I look back at my life and think about how completely and wonderfully normal it is. 
Not many people have that blessing. (Living a normal life IS a blessing)
People often question what they can do and who they are, it's natural. 
We always consider how people will look at us and the things we do. 
We want others to like and accept us for who we are. 
I may not be the best writer or actor, but those are the things that bring me joy so I pursue them. 
Without another's approval.
Some people will only try once or twice and if they aren't good enough they give up. Often, this happens because they are worried about others may think of them or they just lack the will to learn more.
In high school, I had already spent years reading and watching TV. 
I knew what the stereotypical person should look like and a bit of me wanted to fit some of that stereotype of the "goth kid" or the "tree hugger". Throughout my preteen years I wore some the same clothes and in some ways saw life like some stereotype I had to fit.
Still I held my values and knew that I desperately wanted to live life with God on an even deeper spiritual level keeping my eyes open to the truth. I also knew the world did not hold the truth for me.

To this day I enjoy reading and escaping into my books and movies, but I am more careful about what I let into my mind.
How I act day to day is reflected by the things I let in my brain.
This means I have to be very careful about every decision I make about the type of culture I allow into my home.
I am not the person I was then.
I have learned so much since high school and I maintain an even deeper personal relationship with God everyday.

Normal to me is what God created us to be... it is this extraordinary yet average person. 
The person who believes they can do what God's great big wonderful will is and they will not stop pursuing it.
They are special. 
As we ALL can be.
We can ALL pursue this beauty.
Jesus's beauty.
We can ALL shine.
God gave us this opportunity.
This type of person isn't telling someone else that they are less than themselves.
They are not putting them down pridefully, but lifting them up humbly. 
They are saying "Hey, you got what God wanted you to even though your life may be different from mine you are your own and made by a wonderful creator. 
God gives us each the ability to be unique and still relateable to others.
The world wants you to be extraordinarily different in the wrong ways and yet exactly like their template. 
They want you to own up to some label or to some person that in all reality isn't possible for anyone.
It doesn't matter who you are God created YOU and YOU are special.
LIVE. LOVE. LET GO. Follow God.

Philippians 4:13 (ESV) - "I can do all things through him [Christ] who strengthens me."

Genesis 1:27 (ESV) - "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

~Love K

(Written in 2014. Revised in 2015.)

No comments:

Post a Comment