Monday, May 26, 2014

Back to Southside

I mentioned in previous post going back to the middle school with Kelsey. That was an unusual day before then I had not set foot in that school or even passed by it while driving since I left.
On this day I remembered that I owe Southside a little more credit than I have given the school in the past. I am not for public schooling I haven't been for nearly three years now, but when it comes to Southside it IS a great school the best of public schools in my area.
When I left Southside and moved to our local community college I left with no celebration or big parties. I finished school and headed straight toward college and now I get to "go back in time" and graduate high school. This past week has been like going back in time two years. Flashbacks are everywhere as I walk down the hallways of the middle and high school.
My graduating class is preparing for this big and scary day where they will not be around each other 24/7. They are realizing that they are going to have to step out of that little world they all have with one another and move toward real life.
This is scary.
College is not the REAL WORLD but for me it was a huge BLESSING from God.
For many I am sure high school was even a blessing in many ways. Remember that our REAL teacher is God and he has asked us first and foremost to obey our parents.
Though I am happy to have high school underway there is a part of me that knows I will still miss many of the people I have been hanging around.

“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right” Ephesians 6:1 KJV
[Live] as children of obedience [to God]; do not conform yourselves to the evil desires [that governed you] in your former ignorance [when you did not know the requirements of the Gospel]. 1 Peter 1: 14

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 ESV

~Love K



No comments:

Post a Comment